Children learn and develop well in enabling environments with teaching and support from adults, who respond to individual interests and needs and help them to build learning over time. Children benefit from a strong partnership between practitioners and parents and/or carers.
- Rich environment where both outdoor and indoor learning is equally valued.
- Workshop style learning areas where children can explore and learn independently.
- ‘Total Communication’ approach.
- A routine that allows for long periods of child-initiated learning, so children can immerse themselves in their play.
- Irresistible experiences offered to the children through provocations in the environment.
- Resources and provision adapted to reflect a sequential progression of skills and to provide appropriate challenge as children develop their capabilities throughout the year.
- Knowledge of child development and PSED are at the core of our curriculum and support our emotional environment