At Tenterfield we know that all children need to be guided by their parents and that you are their first and most important educator. By working in partnership with you we hope to compliment the job you do to ensure each child is supported and helped towards becoming active, lifelong learners. Therefore we try to make sure our parents are well informed at all times on the things that matter.
We aim to ensure that all our parents have access to:
- “News on the 9th” is our regular newsletter to inform you of events taking place across the nursery
- Regular Parentmail to inform you of upcoming events and activities
- Regular Parent Meetings to discuss the achievements and progress of your child, these happen termly but if you need to speak to staff sooner we have an open door policy towards communication.
- Termly ‘EYFS sessions’ to see the curriculum in action and to work and play alongside your child.
- Tapestry is our Online Learning Journal, it is used to record your child’s achievements in the form of observations, assessments, videos and photographs. We love you to share your childs experiences at home to create a holistic approach to learning.
- A website with information about activities that have taken place, ways you can support at home, guidance for parents.
- Daily opportunities at the beginning and end of your child’s session to pass on messages and make contact with each other.
We want every parent to know that their child is important to us here at Tenterfield, and that no concern is too small. Please come in and talk to us about any aspect of your child’s welfare, wellbeing or development; by working together the results will have a positive impact on your child’s development and learning.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect all staff, volunteers and visitors to share this commitment. If we have any concern that a child has been harmed, or is at risk of harm then we are obliged to share our concerns with the appropriate safeguarding bodies.