Every child is a unique child, who is constantly learning and can be resilient, capable, confident, and self-assured.
- Individual transition tailored to the needs of each child.
- All children are treated as individuals and adults build relationships with children and use their observations to understand and assess development.
- All children are listened to and adults find ways to communicate with them effectively.
- Independence promoted throughout. Child-led learning builds on what the children ‘can do’.
- Inclusivity and ‘equity’ of opportunity is offered through personalised curriculums and timetables for children with complex and individual needs.
- Children are taught to be resilient and independent learners and are supported by interested, supportive adults who know each child’s individual needs.